Belief and faith are two very difficult feelings to have, but everyone needs to have both in order to live a happy and full life. Having faith and believing in God has always been a part of my life each and every day. I have not always gone to church or shown that I am a believer but God and faith has always been present in my life.
When I was younger, I asked my parents if they would start taking me to church and then I really received the chance to learn about having faith and believing in God. Growing up and being surrounded by people that will do anything for you and want the best for you is the best feeling, also knowing that you can always depend on God with everything that you do. I have always been very lucky to be surrounded by people that love me and want me to know that to have faith is one of the most important parts of living.
Since I have grown up, I have gotten away from going to church. Not because I do not believe or have faith, but just because I live too far from the church that I have gone to basically my entire life and because I have been lazy and not gone to look for a church. Now at this point in my life, I enjoy having my Sunday’s to relax and work on things for school. That I do feel is selfish on my part, because God gave his son to save everyone from our sins and I cannot take two hours out of my entire week to go and listen to his word in his house.
I believe, just like Thomas Paine states in his Age of Reason that there is only one God and that after this life there is happiness. I also am like Paine in the fact that I do not judge others for their faith or what they believe in. I feel that it is up to that specific person to decide what to believe or what to have faith in. As long as that person has something to have faith and believe in that, I feel is all that matters.
Since I have been engaged, I have really seen how much faith I have. Before I was engaged I always thought that it did not matter to me who married my fiancé and I. I have now realized how important it is to have God in your relationship. My parents have a Poem at their house and it says that marriage takes three, and I truly do believe that now. I am very pleased with my decision to have God and faith in my ceremony, relationship and my life. I truly hope that my faith does not ever escape me. I truly feel that faith is one of the most important parts of who a person is, and it is so important to have faith in yourself and above all in God, or for other religions at least having faith in something.
No comments:
Post a Comment