Everyone has their own way of explaining how to live life to the fullest, thus there is no one way of instructing on how to do so. To me, living like to the fullest is the experiences you create for yourself. The only way these experiences can happen is by opening yourself up completely to each and every thing, person or experience you come in contact with. This might mean getting hurt a time or two in the process but, you have had the experience and given it all you could.
I have had opportunities in my life, that could have quite possibly been once in a lifetime chances, which I have let pass me by. Unfortunately, this was because I did not make choices with myself in mind, as I was living for another person. This person took over my emotions and trapped me mentally. Luckily, I came to my senses, but only after I left college and stopped playing competitive softball.
There are only a few things that I want in order to live my life to the fullest. These things are not possessions, but only experiences and memories. If you think about it, do you really remember what your parents or grandparents give you for Christmas or do you remember the memories of that Christmas?
First off, a big part of what has contributed to helping my life be lived to the fullest is falling in love. I have truly found my best friend and better half. I cannot wait to marry him next May and start the amazing journey of our life together. He has shown me so many new things and has given me memories and experiences that I will never forget.
Another part that will contribute to my life being lived to the fullest is to have kids of my own. To see something that has been created by my best friend and I will be one of the most amazing things anyone can experience. The day that happens will truly change my life forever.
It has taken a few years, but I have finally decided what I want to be “when I am grown up”. I’m excited to get a job that I will love doing and not dread waking up everyday to go to a job that I hate. This, I feel, is another part of living your life to the fullest, loving what you do.
Additionally, I feel having a good relationship with my parents and in-laws is another part of living life to the fullest. I feel that my parents are two of the most important people in my life and I know I would not be here or where I am today if it was not for them. I would never trade the relationship that I have with my parents for any other. Having a good relationship with your in-laws will help with keeping stress off of your relationship and marriage as well as it will not be miserable when you have to attend family functions.
Another ingredient in the recipe for a full life is not taking the small things in life for granted. If you do you will have nothing to truly appreciate in life. A night to yourself so you can reflect, a night with just your significant other, a hug, a kiss, a look, a smile, these are all perfect examples of the small things to not take for granted.
I want to travel as much as possible. Part of my family is from Ireland and England, and I would love the chance to travel to these places to see what and where my family originated. I want to experience different cultures, because no culture is exactly the same and no part of the earth looks the same.
I want to live in another state, not on the same coast such as Seattle, Washington. It is an absolutely beautiful part of the country, as there is no place in the world like Seattle. All the sights and where it is located make this place like no other. I have lived in Richmond all my life, so to experience a place so different would be part of what helps me live my life to the fullest.
I love music, so seeing as many concerts as possible would contribute to me living my life to the fullest. One person that I would love to see in concert is Josh Groban. I have seen people such as Dave Matthews Band, O.A.R, Eric Clapton, John Mayer, Justin Timberlake, Jimmy Buffet, John Fogerty, and so on. To add to that would just make it only that much better.
As you can see, I have a lot of things that contribute to me living my life to the fullest. As experiences and opportunities present themselves I’m sure I will add to that list. For now, however, I am very content with where I am in my life, but I am glad I still have many of these experiences and memories to look forward to in the future.
I think that we have a lot of the same goals in life. I want to travel too and I know that would be a good way for me to really live my life to the fullest. I love going to concerts too! I can never go to near as many as I would like to.
ReplyDelete